Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root is an herbal adaptogen that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It is a versatile, demulcent herb composed of over 300 bioactive compounds that promote the body’s primary defenses against unexpected health challenges and nourish the adrenal glands, promoting a normalized response to stressors.*
Licorice tincture may be used alone or as a complement to other dietary and botanical supplements.
Licorice is a broad-spectrum botanical tincture extracted from licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) root. It is a potent ally for overall wellness.
- Herbal adaptogen with over 300 bioactive compounds
- Supports the body’s primary defenses against unexpected health challenges*
- Nourishes adrenal function and promotes a normalized response to stressors*
- Soothes sensitive throat tissue and mucous membrane irritation*
- Bahmani, M., Rafieian-Kopae, M., Jeloudari, M., Eftekhari, Z., Delfan, B., Zargara, A., & Forouzan, S. (2014). A review of the health effects and uses of drugs of plant licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.) in Iran. Retrieved 2020, from http://eprints.skums.ac.ir/2362/1/39.pdf
- Cinati, J., Morgenstern, B., Bauer, G., Chandra, P., Rabenau, H., & Doerr, H. (2003). Glycyrrhizin, an active component of liquorice roots, and replication of SARS-associated coronavirus. Retrieved 2020, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7112442/pdf/main.pdf
- Fiore, C., Eisenhut, M., Krausse, R., Ragazzi, E., Pellati, D., Armanini, D., & Bielenberg, J. (2008, February). Antiviral effects of Glycyrrhiza species. Retrieved August 21, 2020, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7167979/