BioPure PC Ecklonia Cava is extracted from the brown algae Ecklonia Cava (Luminariaceae japonica) which is grown in deep, cold, pure ocean waters off the coast of Korea, China and Japan. BioPure’s PC-Ecklonia Cava Extract is a source of polyphenolic compounds. A natural source of iodine, manitol, fucoidan, alginates, fucoxanthin, lamarin, eckol and dieckol, BioPure PC-Ecklonia Cava also contains all of the 72 different trace minerals.
Studies have shown PC Ecklonia Cava Extract to be a very robust antioxidant. Antioxidant strength is measured by the amount of rings composing its structure. Flavonoids usually contain 3 interconnected rings. Green tea catechins contain 4 interconnecting rings, whereas PC-Ecklonia Cava has up to 8 interconnected rings making it 10-100 times more powerful to fight off free-radicals than other polyphenols.
BioPure’s PC-Ecklonia Cava Extract is a 98.8% pure extract of this algae, providing a source of polyphenolic compounds and all of the 72 different trace minerals.* BioPure’s PC-Ecklonia Cava Extract has an antioxidant (ORAC) value of 8300, and a half-life of 12-14 hours.*
Studies have consistently shown that the active ingredients in Ecklonia Cava possess a wide range of properties beneficial to supporting optimal health.*
- Provides powerful support for your heart health and normal cholesterol levels*
- Demonstrated in lab studies to have radical scavenging activities and to support the body’s normal immune response*
- Helps support alpha waves, which are associated with mental focus and acuity*
- Beneficial in supporting joint health*
- Supports normal sleep*
- Supports nitric oxide (NO) production*