BioPure® Alu-Tox™ is a proprietary herbal tincture of Elecampane (Inula helenium), Horsetail (Equisetum arvense), Burdock (Arctium lappa) and Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum).
Alu-Tox™ is designed as a holistic tool for Health Care Practitioners to meet the distinct requirements for decreasing aluminum burden in the body, whilst balancing immune responses and nourishing organs of elimination for a healthier aluminum detoxification journey.
Due to its modern prevalence in air, water, foods, cookware, personal care products and more, aluminum is now considered a primary toxin in the nervous system (1). Tissue aluminum concentrations also increase with age (2,3).
Aluminum’s neurotoxic properties are well-established. By its very molecular nature, aluminum has a high affinity for the nervous system (4). Degenerative brain health concerns have been found to be associated with high levels of aluminum in the central nervous system (5). Aluminum may also disrupt the endocrine system and immune responses (6,7).
Alu-Tox™ is highly concentrated in plant based organic silica that helps mobilize toxic aluminum.
Detoxing aluminum from the system is achieved using silica forms with a certain molecular structure (8). Alu-Tox™’s horsetail has a rich silica content and a multitude of different silica molecules (10), a core component to detoxifying aluminium nano-particles (8).
BioPure® Alu-Tox™ offers Health Care Practitioners a carefully curated blend of plant-grown silicates for aluminum detoxification plus complementary herbal constituents for overall wellness, all in pure, clean and bio-available forms.
With additional detoxification activity in the lungs, liver and kidneys, Alu-Tox™ supplies potent broad-spectrum support for the organs and pathways most susceptible to aluminum toxicity.
BioPure® Alu-Tox™ core ingredients include:
Elecampane (Inula helenium) is a traditional Chinese root herb associated with respiratory health. Bio-Pure® Alu-Tox™ features extract of Elecampane for its lung support. In addition, Elecampane’s sesquiterpene lactones may help neutralize toxic free radicals (9).
Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is rich in minerals, with over 66% being naturally occurring silicic acids and silicates (10). Beyond its high silica content and unique affinity for aluminum, Horsetail is a natural diuretic that supports the kidneys and gently flushes the urinary tract – complementing and supporting Alu-Tox™ detoxification activities (10,11).
- BioPure® Alu-Tox™ Elecampane and Horsetail combine to target lung tissue: Elecampane mobilizes lung toxins, then horsetail binds them.
Burdock (Arctium lappa) is a root herb long used in dietary and folk wellness practices throughout Asia (15). In traditional herbalism, Burdock is regarded as an alternative, believed to help purify the blood and promote natural detoxification by stimulating liver function (12). Modern research suggests Burdock’s polyphenols may also further encourage detox by protecting the liver against oxidative stress whilst supporting balanced, healthy immune responses (13,14,15).
BioPure® Alu-Tox™ cilantro is grown from a special Brazilian seed under conditions that optimize its broad-spectrum detox activity.
Alu-Tox™ combines these herbs for holistic use in the interest of functional wellness systems. Take Alu-Tox™ under your Health Care Practitioner’s direction as part of an aluminum detox protocol.
- Exley C. Aluminium should now be considered a primary aetiological factor in Alzheimer’s disease. J. Alzh. Dis. Rep. 2017;1:23–25.
- Exley C. Human exposure to aluminium. Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts, 2013, 15, 1807-1816
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). 2008. Toxicological Profile for Aluminum. Atlanta, GA: U.S.Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Services. Retrieved from: https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxguides/toxguide-22.pdf
- Yang MH, et al. Reduction of aluminum ion neurotoxicity through a small peptide application – NAP treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. J Food Drug Anal. 2019 Apr;27(2):551-564.
- Klotz K., Weistenhöfer W., Neff F., Hartwig A., van Thriel C., Drexler H. The health effects of aluminum exposure. Dtsch. Arztebl. Int. 2017;114:653–659.
- Darbre PD. Overview of air pollution and endocrine disorders. Int J Gen Med. 2018; 11:191–207.
- Alexandrov PN, Pogue AI, Lukiw WJ. Synergism in aluminum and mercury neurotoxicity. Integr Food Nutr Metab. 2018;5(3):10.
- Exley C. Why industry propaganda and political interference cannot disguise the inevitable role played by human exposure to aluminum in neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease. Front. Neurol. 2014;27:5–212.
- Wang J., Zhao Y. M., Zhang B., Guo C. Y. Protective effect of total phenolic compounds from Inula helenium on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in SH-SY5Y cells. Indian J. Pharm. Sci. 2015; 77 163–169.
- Horsetail herb. Herbal Medicine: Expanded Commission E. American Botanical Council. Retrieved from: http://cms.herbalgram.org/expandedE/Horsetailherb.html
- Carneiro DM, et al. Randomized, double-blind clinical trial to assess the acute diuretic effect of Equisetum arvense (field horsetail) in healthy volunteers. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med.;2014:760683.
- Chan YS, et al. A review of the pharmacological effects of Arctium lappa (burdock). Inflammopharmacology. 2011 Oct;19(5):245-54.
- Chen FA, et al. The influence of different treatments on the free radical scavenging activity of burdock and variations of its active components. Food Chemistry. Volume 86, Issue 4, August 2004, Pages 479-484
- Lin S, et al. Hepatoprotective Effects of Arctium lappa Linne on Liver Injuries Induced by Chronic Ethanol Consumption and Potentiated by Carbon Tetrachloride. J Biomed Sci 2002;9:401-409.
- Attalla Farag El-Kott, Mashael Mohammed Bin-Meferij. Use of Arctium lappa Extract Against Acetaminophen-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats. Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 2015 Dec; 77: 73–78.